CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI, OPERA, INTERNET EXPLORER
LastPass is an online password manager which stores your saved login data in the cloud. Its advantage is that you access your login details anywhere and it is easy to use, as the browser plugin fills your passwords automatically. However it provides more opportunities for hackers to access your data, compared to storing them locally on your private computer.
The service is end-to-end encrypted. This means that your login data is encrypted before sent to Lastpass, so even Lastpass can’t access your data. via password managing programs you increase the number of companies with potential access to your passwords.
HOW TO USE
1. On https://lastpass.com/ choosing “Download free” brings you to the recommended download. Click “Download now” and follow the instructions.
2. During the installation process you will be prompted to create a new account using your e-mail address and a password. You will use this password to access all of your other passwords, so store it securely. The application will be then added to the browser with a star icon.
3. Click on the icon and log in to LastPass with your e-mail address and password. From this point on when you open a new site, LastPass will offer to save your username and password and by clicking the Save site popup the site will be added to your password vault.
The next time you open the site LastPass will automatically fill in your login details.
4. You can also add sites manually. Click on the LastPass icon and choose My LastPass Vault, and click the + sign and “Add site”.
5. You can also manage your stored sites and login data in the window.
LAST MODIFED: 27.10.2016.